Get Your Free Ecourse!
is ALWAYS protected.
You'll also get our popular weekly ezine with the latest articles and classes for solo entrepreneurs
| More by Fabienne Fredrickson
Visit Fabienne Fredrickson's website
Solo Entrepreneur Articles > Team Building/JV Articles > Alliances & Collaboration Articles
Joint venture partnerships are a great way to expand your reach and build your list. This method is becoming more and more popular helping many business owners to increase their data base rapidly. But how can you find the right partners for your business and what do you say when you contact them?
Follow this step-by-step guide to find and connect with powerful joint venture partnerships easily.
1. Start to identify possible partners. Make a list of the kind of businesses who area already talking to your ideal clients. Think about services that have something in common with what you do, but are not exactly the same. You may address a different part of the same problem or serve the same group but solve separate issue.
2. Come up with keywords that are appropriate for these potential partners. This will help you come up with search terms to find prospective partners on the web.
3. Do a Google search for these businesses and read over their websites looking for possible partners. Look for companies that offer something you don’t, provide a different angle on the same subject, or are complimentary in some way.
4. Also conduct a search on Facebook for additional partner options. This is a great opportunity to see how active their business page is and how many fans they have. Then check out their websites as well.
5. Make a list with the URLs, description of what they do, contact names and phone numbers if available.
6. Next – start contacting your JV prospects. Don’t overwhelm yourself by contacting everyone at once. Pace yourself to see what kind of reaction and response you get. You will learn how to approach potential partners better with practice and discover what works to make the connection.
Maybe at first, you reach out to invite a couple to be a guest speaker on one of your teleclasses and promote them to your list. Or ask if they want to conduct a joint call. Say something like, “I have a list of XX individuals and would like to feature you on a teleclass. We share the same type of ideal client and my subscribers would be very interested in your expertise. Or, maybe we could do a call together and we’ll both promote it to our lists.”
7. Set up your first joint venture, plan it, promote it and enjoy the results!
8. Take stock of how things went. Review any feedback that you got from your list, what you learned and apply that to future programs.
9. Stay in touch with partners and cultivate long-term relationships. Sometimes you’ll conduct a one-time program. Other times you find a partner that you can work with for years to come.
Your Client Attraction Assignment
Start creating your list of potential partners. Who do you know already that might want to work with you? Ask people in your circle who they might know that could fit your criteria. Do some web research as well .
Once you have your list of partner prospects, start contacting them and brainstorming program ideas. Be realistic about what you can execute well. Begin with one program before you schedule a bunch of events. You need to learn as you go and create the proper systems to implement with excellence. The last thing you want to do is blow it with a great partner.
Visit Fabienne Fredrickson's website
About the expert:
Fabienne Fredrickson is the
founder of ClientAttraction.com,
a company devoted to teaching entrepreneurs around the world how to
consistently attract ideal, high-paying clients, put their marketing on
autopilot, shift their mindset towards abundance and take a no-excuses
approach to creating a highly successful and meaningful business, while
working less. Through her workshops, courses, coaching programs, and
products, Fabienne shows her students how to go from 5-figures to
6-figures in their business, and then from 6-figures to 7-figures, while
experiencing freedom and creating an abundant life they love. To
receive Fabienne’s free audio CD entitled,
“How to Attract ALL the
Clients You Need”, please visit ClientAttraction.com.|
© Copyright 2012, Fabienne Fredrickson