Time management strategies certainly elevate you to new levels of effectiveness, because they liberate your energy! In 2010, these 3 productivity articles ranked the very highest amongst our readers. Here are sample tips from each.
The 3 Top Productivity Article Topics in 2010
1. Proactively Manage Interruptions:
- Document ways you actually invite interruptions. No judgment needed! With friendly curiosity, list nonverbal signals, like smiling when people barge in. Experiment with different nonverbal cues. What happens if, as you greet someone, you stand up as they walk through the door, and remain standing while you speak with them?
- Redirect interruptions with a schedule book. As soon as someone initiates contact, reach for your appointment book. Schedule a time to talk that works well for you. By reassuring them that their questions will be answered, you can return to your work right away.
2. Use Creative Questions to Get One Step Beyond Stuck.
- Anticipating needs reduces interruptions. Who might need to speak with you, and when? Seize the initiative; contact others before they walk in the door, and set up the time to talk that works best for you.
Tap your mind's innate flexibility by asking yourself open-ended questions. If fear, perfectionism, self-criticism, or resentment paralyzes you, dissolve the underlying illusions using imagery:
- "What does my stuck place look like?" Let a picture take shape. Does your stuck place resemble a roadblock, wall or quicksand? Do you see a figure or animal block your path? Use your vast creative resources to move past this visualized obstacle. Then translate this approach into a strategy for your actual dilemma.
3. Evaporate Procrastination Blues with 2 Friendly Questions
- "Where am I hiding my power?" Yes, it is you hiding your power! Remember, no blame. Simply allow your imagination to move past your resistance. You might even choose to let go of what stands between you and your progress. For example, perhaps you will drop an unrealistically high standard, or discard an excuse you no longer wish to rely upon.
These 2 deceptively simple questions are powerhouses to mobilize you when you simply can't budge. Ask yourself with genuine curiosity, "What am I waiting for?" or "What will happen if I get started?" See what response slowly arises from deep within. Treat yourself with all the consideration of a close friend, and watch your perspective change! Each of these sets of tips invites you to try a fresh approach. Because you are inviting your mind to stretch and even to play, you arrive at solutions that are custom-made for you. And these extend the natural range of your unique abilities.
So, what is your first step to bring these assertive and creative new ideas into your daily life, to win you more time?