How to Schedule a Post to Publish in the Past or in the Future
By: Sandra De Freitas
Comments | More posts by Sandra De Freitas
Visit Sandra De Freitas's website
So, you’re going on vacation and you want to keep you blogsite fans busy while you’re gone. Why not write some posts ahead of time and tell WordPress when to publish them on your blog? When you do this, WordPress will not publish or display your blog post until the time and day you choose for that post.
How to control the date and time your post will be published:
NOTE: Be sure to choose these settings before you press “Publish” on your post.
1. Log into your WordPress account (www.OurWebsite.com/wp-login.php).
2. Click “Posts” in the menu bar.
3. Click “Add New” in the sub-menu.
4. On the right-hand side of the “Add New Post” page you will see “Publish.”
5. Click “Edit” beside “Publish immediately.”
6. Choose the date and time you’d like the post to appear in the future.
7. Press “Publish” to complete the scheduling process.
Sandra De Freitas
is a top tech coach, speaker, trainer, author and expert in internet technology. She is the founder of WPBlogsites.com and TechCoachForCoaches.com, two successful coaching, consulting and training firms. In 2008 she authored the book “
Does This Blogsite Make My Wallet Look Fat? How to use a WordPress Blogsite to make money, attract clients and gain expert celebrity status”.|