More posts by Paula Eder | Follow me on Twitter
Finding time opens your schedule, and flexible focus opens your outlook. Together, this powerful pair gives you the ability to handle whatever pops up.
Imagine you’re just settling in to watch that DVD you borrowed from the library. You’ve been looking forward to this break all day, when … ugh … here’s a sudden conflict or an emergency phone call. So you grit your teeth as you juggle yet another ball, for a minute, or a month. You manage it – usually – but how is your productivity affected? Do you ramp up, shut down, or lash out?
Let’s look at how Flexible Focus can shine a clear light on the situation and give you a new pathway for moving through it.
Flexible Focus is a deep, quiet way to balance your strengths. Put simply, as you step into using Flexible Focus, you:
Internalize the power.
- For your emotional demands, it’s best to cultivate flowing, inner balance. Try letting go of what’s no longer needed, and looking within to gain strength.
- The more you tune out distractions, and tune into your core needs, the more your intuition and awareness can enrich you. The mists clear and a reliable overview will evolve.
- Prioritizing becomes easier. I like to envision self-reliance and self-care as encircling one another, creating a glowing compass that guides me through a changing landscape.
Externalize the tasks.
- For the complex logistical tasks, I recommend creating a light yet sturdy framework of checklists and templates.
- Flexible Focus helps you periodically step close to examine details, then step back to survey the big picture.
- As you note your new insights and discoveries, you’ll develop effective new systems for yourself.
These skills are simplifiers and they can be lifesavers! So see how you can apply Flexible Focus to your life by remembering these two powerful and timely touchstones the next time you are pulled off-track by something unexpected. I encourage you to begin exploring the transformative power of Heart-Based Time Management today.
Paula Eder, PhD is an internationally-known coach and published author who specializes in mentoring heart-based entrepreneurs and small business owners, from the inside out, to align their core values and energy with their time choices and behaviors so that they make more money, create more freedom, and find more time. To learn more about Paula’s unique, Heart-Based Time Management™ System and begin your transformational journey, sign up for her Finding Time Success Kit. Discover how you can find time for what matters most.|