13 Things You Don’t Know About Your One-to-one Clients
By: Dr. Laureen Wishom
Comments | More posts by Dr. Laureen Wishom
Visit Dr. Laureen Wishom's website
If, from time to time, you are required to work one-to-one with certain clients, this list is just for you.
1. Oftentimes, clients know the solutions to their problems; they just need you to boldly go where they are uncomfortable treading.
2. Remember your client’s name at all costs. When you are being introduced to your client’s associates, shake hands, trade business cards, and, above all, remember their names.
3. Keep your ego in your pocket. Remember that you are getting paid to help the client be successful, not to make the client wrong so that you can be right.
4. Remember: clients often know the right answer for them better than you do; you just need to help them discover it.
5. Nothing you have to say is as important as anything the client has to say. Frequently summarize the client’s needs, ideas, and feelings.
6. Don’t forget that the clients don’t care what you know until they know that you care. Take time to connect with the clients. Find ways to make them heroes. Volunteer to help them prepare their presentations based on your solutions. Find ways to make their life easier.
7. Always place the interests of your clients ahead of your own personal interests.
8. Listen, listen, listen, question, question, listen some more. The subtext: just shut up.
9. Focus on client benefits, not your features. It’s easy to get sucked into a specialty vs. really helping the client in his or her unique context.
10. Build a relationship with the client. Don’t be focused only on the deliverables.
11. Choose your clients carefully. Ensure there is a good match. This will make for a more mutually enjoyable working relationship.
12. Always remember: you are doing business with people.
13. Know that clients will buy for their reasons, not your reasons, and sometimes they will buy in spite of your reasons.
What else would you add to this list of 13 Things You Don’t Know About Your One-to-one Clients?
|Dr. Laureen Wishom is the founder of Dr.LaureenInternational.com a full-circle company dedicated to teaching high-achieving women entrepreneurs, executives, non-profit leaders and career professionals how to master Growth, achieve Success and live in strategic Acceleration. Through her workshops, VIPs, coaching programs and products, Dr. Laureen shows high-achieving women (and enlightened men) how to bring about radical success in: 1) Visibility and Positioning 2) Business Growth/Career Success, and 3) Revenue Acceleration. She is known for creating “WOW”, providing an unique customized experience and educating women on “doing different things and then doing things differently”™. To receive Dr. Laureen 5-day e-course entitled: How to ""Show Off"" Your Credibility for Revenue Acceleration or the audio: Are You Making a Cardboard Connection or a Brand Connection, visit Drlaureen.com|