The Affects of Stimulants, Sugar and Water
By: Laureen Wishom
Comments | More posts by Laureen Wishom
Visit Laureen Wishom's website
Poor nutrition can be as worrisome and draining as the wrong diet. If you’re constantly dragging, always tired or unable to get enough sleep, you may just be suffering from a nutritional deficiency.
When you suffer from nutritional deficiency or you are not in the best of health, it does affect your career, business and life.
Sometimes, in order to improve your overall health, can be as simple as recognizing the symptoms of nutritional imbalance and then taking the steps to correct the imbalance.
In my upcoming book, I share many of my secrets that led to my losing 55 pounds (yes I dropped 4 dress sizes). Here is where you can start:
1. Clear your house of all junk. Get rid of those temptations! Remove all sugary and high-fat snacks from your cupboards (at home) and desk drawer (at work).
2. Eat a good balance of essential nutrients. Don’t forget to take a good vitamin on a daily basis.
3. Hydrate yourself – it is essential. If you feel like you are dry as a bone, then you probably are. Remember we don’t get all our nutrients from food alone, water is essential.
4. Avoid stimulants. There’s no doubt that stimulants perk you up, but they do it in a way that requires payment later.
5. Limit alcohol consumption. The occasional glass of wine with dinner does not hurt. Too much of any one time can negatively impact your energy level for a day or sometimes longer.
6. If possible cut back or stop smoking!
7. Replace your favorite foods with metabolism-boosting substitutes (water, grapefruit, oatmeal, broccoli, green tea, hot peppers, low-fat dairy, lean meats and high-fiber foods).
Remember too much sugar can activate your appetite instead of control it. Try an egg-white omelet in the morning instead of cereal, or a protein shake in the afternoon instead of a bag of potato chips.
Your body needs certain food and nutrients for repair, growth, and energy. If you’re not getting all you need, you’ll eventually end up run down. So learn to overcome stimulants, sugar and make water your new best friend. I promise, it will lead to success in career, business and life.
|Dr. Laureen Wishom is the founder of Dr.LaureenInternational.com a full-circle company dedicated to teaching high-achieving women entrepreneurs, executives, non-profit leaders and career professionals how to master Growth, achieve Success and live in strategic Acceleration. Through her workshops, VIPs, coaching programs and products, Dr. Laureen shows high-achieving women (and enlightened men) how to bring about radical success in: 1) Visibility and Positioning 2) Business Growth/Career Success, and 3) Revenue Acceleration. She is known for creating “WOW”, providing an unique customized experience and educating women on “doing different things and then doing things differently”™. To receive Dr. Laureen 5-day e-course entitled: How to ""Show Off"" Your Credibility for Revenue Acceleration or the audio: Are You Making a Cardboard Connection or a Brand Connection, visit Drlaureen.com|