Rejuvenate Your Life With a Low-Stress Summer Vacation
By: Eva Gregory
Comments | More posts by Eva Gregory
Visit Eva Gregory's website
Summertime has finally arrived! If you haven’t already considered taking a vacation, there’s no better time than right now to think about it. After all, you’ve been working hard all winter and spring. You deserve some down-time to relax, reenergize, and keep your passions flowing.
Your daily life and relationships will become more meaningful when you take time for a change of scenery.
Plus, the time away from work can provide opportunities to re-group and intensify efforts.
Consider these suggestions for a low-stress summer vacation:
1. Come up with ideas. Think of places where you could let your hair down and just hang out. Perhaps you recall a trip with your parents, many years ago, to the Appalachian Trail where you took short hikes each day. Consider another visit.
• The laid-back elements of such a vacation can remind you of the simple joys and pleasures of life.
2. Share your desire for a low-stress trip with your partner. Mention you’re looking for a vacation that won’t break the bank or require specific plans for each day. Your partner might know of just the right spot.
3. Think about elements of nature that you love. Maybe beautiful gardens bring you back to nature and help you feel peaceful. Or the view of majestic mountains across the skyline provides you with a feeling of wondrous serenity.
• Incorporating your favorite aspects of nature will bring a natural calm to your soul.
4. Ponder biking and walking tours. Companies like VBT, Hidden Trails, and Classic Journeys provide vacations that are chiefly spent exploring the outdoors. These vacations are not limited to nature, however. They can also include cities and towns as well.
• Whether you choose destinations within the US or a favorite exotic location, you can relax while someone else takes care of planning meals and accommodations.
• You’ll enjoy plenty of time for self-discovery and personal contemplation.
5. Engage in preliminary “exploring” on the Internet. A wonderful way spend a leisurely weekend at home is by researching your ideal vacation online.
6. Consider your finances. It’s important to avoid adding financial stress to your life with your vacation.
• Plan a budget and stick to it. The less you spend frivolously, the lower stress you’ll feel! For example, if $500.00 is a comfortable vacation budget, look for a destination that is within driving distance and no longer than a few hours from home.
• Plan to do things that cost very little. For example, think about exploring national parks or visiting museums.
7. Check out attractions in your home state. Look at a map of your state and select a place you’ve never visited. Find a bed and breakfast in a quaint little town. You can sleep in, have breakfast, and then do what you want for the day. You’ll likely come across some undiscovered wonders that were practically in your backyard.
8. Share planning among family members. This gives everyone ownership of the trip, lets them all get in on the fun of planning, and ensures that one person isn’t saddled with all the details.
• If your kids are old enough, give an “assignment” where they each research an aspect related to your destination. They could even select a landmark to see or activity to experience on your trip.
Taking a low-stress vacation is soothing and enjoyable. Cultivate your passions by taking a relaxing trip. It’s time to say good-bye to the stress!
as America’s Divine Guidance Coach™,
Eva Gregory is a master coach, Law of
Attraction expert, speaker and author. As host of her own radio shows, Eva has
interviewed some of the most influential thought leaders today. She has had the
honor of sharing the virtual stage as a featured speaker with many experts such
as Mark Victor Hansen, Cynthia Kersey, John Assaraf, and Jack Canfield among
others. Her latest book, Life Lessons for Mastering the Law of Attraction,
co-authored with Jack Canfield, can be found in bookstores everywhere. Since
1999, Eva has followed inner guidance along with her Spirit-Enriched Business
System™ to create a multiple 6-figure business. Her passion is teaching
spiritual entrepreneurs how to tap into their own inner guidance and merge it
with the practical steps to create healthy, sustainable businesses from a place
of purpose, passion and prosperity. Learn more about how Eva can help you at http://EvaGregory.com|