Finding time to relax can be a real challenge during the holidays. But, if you don’t relax, there’s a good possibility that stress will drain your moments of their joy and meaning.
So, today I’d like to share some affirmations to help you let down and relax, no matter what. Using these affirmations, you’ll find time for yourself … and be able to let go of the inevitable stresses and strains that come with this busy time of year.
So, read, relax … and enjoy!
First, I suggest that you take a quick inventory of your self-care baseline. Ask yourself:
1. Is relaxation time in my time management plan at all?
2. What specific activities do I find relaxing? Brainstorm a list.
3. Now, how will I carve out 20 minutes a day for relaxing? And how will I spend that time?
Affirmations to help you relax …
Here are some affirmations for you to use. They will encourage you to relax … and help you take in the fundamental importance of this self-care skill. (Feel free to adapt these to your own use – affirmations work best when they are personal to YOU!)
- I create an atmosphere of calm and relaxation in my life.
- Instead of waiting for a time to relax, I create this time for myself.
- I make time for special activities that I find relaxing.
- When I set aside time to do the things that recharge my spirit, I become a more centered person.
- I am important, and I allow myself to rearrange my schedule to make me a high priority. I make time for myself.
- I actively seek out relaxation in my life.
- My time and my schedule are important, however, my serenity and relaxation is equally important to me.
- I purposefully make time to step away from my busy life and simply breathe in calmness.
- Today I choose to create the time I need to seek relaxation. I will schedule this time for myself.
I hope that you find these affirmations helpful and use them to relax, as you need to, during this holiday season.
© Copyright 2012 Paula Eder, Ph.D.