After 15 years working for some of the largest technology companies in the United States (including GE, AT&T and Nortel), Terri Zwierzynski became a grassroots promoter of the solo entrepreneur lifestyle.
When she began her work as a self-employed business strategist and marketing consultant in 2001, she realized that having the lifestyle of a solo professional gives her the freedom that most people crave. It wasn’t enough to make money; it’s being able to have the ability set your own hours and have your work fit your lifestyle.
She founded Solo-E.com,the leading online resource center for solo business owners and self-employed professionals, in 2003. She has grown Solo-E.com from a few hundred subscribers into a site that attracts tens of thousands of solo and home business owners monthly from more than 100 countries on six continents. Solo-E.com exists to promote solo entrepreneurship, and provides trusted education and growth opportunities for solo business owners from selected Solo-E Certified Experts.
Solo-E.com’s certification program is the only international post-graduate certification program for solo entrepreneurs who teach, coach or mentor other solo professionals. Through a rigorous application process, it measures a professional’s fundamental knowledge of online and offline solo business practices; establishes advanced capabilities in research, strategic planning, implementation and evaluation; and demonstrates a commitment to professional excellence and ethical conduct.
Some things you may not know about Terri:
- She is the Raleigh Trade Ambassador for eBarterExchange, a new nationwide barter exchange in the U.S.
- She holds a patent (no. 5,963,919) for an inventory management strategy evaluation system.
- She holds an undergraduate and an advanced degree in electrical engineering.
- She also has an MBA with honors from the Kenan-Flagler School of Business at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- She sings when ever she can, preferably in a cappella 4-part barbershop harmony.