In part 2 of 17.5 Audacious, Awesome, and Amazing Strategies for Elevating Your Brand, I gave you my most audacious, awesome and amazing strategies for elevating your brand.
In this post I will continue to provide those strategies for elevating your brand for long-term success.
Here’s what next!
8. Focus on where you’re going: Focus less on where you are now, and more on where you want to be a year from now, and then start positioning yourself that way.
9. Be true to you: When it comes to elevating your personal brand, so many people seem to fall short.
The number one tip for elevating your personal brand to a ‘whole new level’ is to be true to yourself. When you are genuine and truly passionate about your career, business and life… it shows.
Decide what values in your life are most important to you, and be sure that your whole life is centered on living those values. The best way to be successful in career, business and life is to be genuine when it comes to your core values.
10. Have a crystal clear vision: Elevating my personal brand has been a top focus of mine this entire year. The one thing that has really been most beneficial is having a crystal clear vision of what I want my brand to be and positively reaffirming it to myself on a daily basis. You must believe in yourself and you must believe in you as a brand before others will.
11. Forget the competition start to forge relationships: Those offering similar value in a similar niche or field are not competitors because no one can offer exactly what you do, or the way you do.
Instead of fearing, fretting over, ignoring or undermining your competitors, turn them into allies and advocates for your own brand. They can sharpen your focus, they can push you towards your best, and they can show you what you are lacking… their success is not your downfall but a catalyst and a sign that your niche is prospering.
Show them good will (acknowledge what they do well, encourage their efforts, and even share their work with your readers, clients and supporters). You will earn the respect and admiration of your colleagues but also your supporters because you’ve increased their knowledge and resources.
The good will you’ve shown and spread in these directions will come back to you.
12. Be a collector and connector: Cultivate relationships, for yourself and for others. Those who are able to increase their personal brand are those who see the value in surrounding themselves with people who are diverse in their skills and ambitions and then connecting those persons with others, for their mutual benefit.
By cultivating these relationships and helping to connect like-minded and complimentary people you increase your reputation (brand) as a person who “knows everyone” and “gets things done”.
People want to be around those who make them feel good about themselves and help them accomplish their goals. Can you make people see their own self-worth and bring them together with others who can help them meet their goals? If yes, then you will increase your own personal brand.
Stay tuned for part 4.
2. Ask Yourself Are You a Brand and Are You Branding?