You’ve decided to hire a Virtual Assistant to help you grow your business, but the fear of hiring the right one is still lingering in the back of your mind. You know it’s the right thing to do and the only way you’re going to be able to take your business to the next level, but the fear of having someone else responsible for your business makes you worry more than anything else.
Don’t let this fear prevent you from hiring a Virtual Assistant. Follow these tips and you’ll find the right person. Then you’ll be able to rest easy knowing the tasks will be completed on time and they’ll meet or beat your expectations every time.
1. Ask for recommendations from other business owners that use Virtual Assistants. When you consider those that have been used by people you trust, you’ll know you can trust their words and that you’re going to use a Virtual Assistant that can be trusted.
2. Review websites from Virtual Assistants. A website can be a deal breaker when you’re hiring a Virtual Assistant to build a site for you or maintain a site. It’s also important to see if they offer a testimonial page and then read to see what others have to say about their services and them as a person.
3. Narrow down your search to three or four Virtual Assistants. Depending on the number of Virtual Assistants you consider, it’s important to narrow it down to a smaller number so you don’t feel overwhelmed talking to each one about your needs. It’s important to choose the top three or four that meet your needs and have the qualifications you feel are the most important. Then interview them and see which one works best for you.
4. Ask for a portfolio. When you ask to see work they’ve completed, you’ll have a better feel for their style of work and if it will work for you. It doesn’t matter if you’re hiring a Virtual Assistant to create a site for you or if you’re asking her to write blog posts for you, seeing her work will make the decision process a little easier.
5. Interview the candidates that meet your needs. Once you’ve narrowed down your search and seen their work, it’s time to complete the interview process. Create a list of questions to ask based on your needs and desires and then ask each candidate the same questions and document the answers. Take the time to write down the answers from each person and review them after the interviews are over. When you do this, you’ll know you can find the right person and how to handle those you’re declining.
6. Hire the one you like the best. When you find the best person for the job, you’ll know you can trust this person to do the task you place in front of them and you’ll feel at ease with the entire process.
Your business is your prize possession and everything you do for it helps you to take it to the next level and to grow. At some point, you’re going to find that your business has grown too much for you to handle on your own. When that happens, it’s important for you to consider these six tips so you can find the perfect Virtual Assistant.© Copyright 2012 Sophie Zollmann