So many small business owners contact me asking how to get more traffic to their website or wondering why no one is buying or signing up for their mailing list. No wonder they’re fed up. However, a website can be made into a very effective sales tool.
Most small business websites are ineffective–little more than online brochures. I’ve found that it’s usually for one of these reasons:
— You don’t have the time
— You don’t have the knowledge
— You don’t realize how many sales you’re missing
— You’re a little technophobic and afraid of the learning curve
— You don’t know where to start and it seems overwhelming and confusing.
There are 4 KEYS to online success:
1) Solid Keyword Research
2) A Sticky Website that compels people to take action
3) Basic Search Engine Optimization
4) A Proven, Repeatable Online Marketing System
Implement these 4 Keys and you’ll be amazed at the results— a steady stream of hungry prospects looking for what you have to offer, and the ability to convert those visitors to leads and then buyers. You’re making your own lead generator. There is a 9 step process we’ve developed which will allow you to implement the 4 Keys.
The 9 step process:
1. Keyword and competitor research
2. Purchasing the RIGHT domains
3. Creating a great website structure and design
4. Dynamic headlines and content
5. Basic Search Engine Optimization to get free traffic from the search engines
6. Lead conversion once visitors get to your site
7. Creating compelling sales and up-sell pages
8. Using our 6 Step Traffic Generation System
9. Strategically planned follow up e-mail marketing together with phone or direct mail.
This process is powerful and always increases sales. In today’s shaky economy, why would you leave money on the table when there are people out there looking for exactly what you have to offer, but they are finding your competitors instead of you!
This entire process can be put in place in one month. Yes it will require some work and a bit of a learning curve, but is it worth a month of your time to get more clients? Once you’ve mastered this process, it’s repeatable for any new web pages or products you develop. Plus it creates an ongoing system that keeps traffic and sales flowing into your business.
It’s a mistake to skip any of these steps. Some people skip the search engine optimization, preferring to pay the search engines for pay-per-click ads. That’s fine, but if you’re bootstrapping why not go for free organic traffic. Or you may be getting traffic but no one is buying or signing up to receive your e-mails (if you even have an e-mail marketing program set up!). You need to think of this process in 2 steps.
1. Prepare your website to receive visitors and convert them to interested leads
2. Then create more targeted website traffic
Think of it this way. Would you plan a party and invite people without preparing food and cleaning the house? Of course not. Well you need to think of your website as your business “home”. Get it ready for guests, then get invite them.
You can outsource much of this process, but it is important for you to understand it so you are in charge of managing the process and getting value for the money you invest.© Copyright 2009 Janis Pettit