- Do you struggle with getting the information you need from prospects?
- Do you find that you’re frequently not sure exactly what will resonate with a prospect and what will turn them off?
- Would you like to have more confidence that you can close sales?
If you’ve answered “yes” to the above questions, then add the questions below to your repertoire when speaking with prospects.
1. What are you looking to accomplish?
This question will help you understand your prospect’s expectations. It will also help you know what will resonate with your prospect.
2. What is most important to you when making a decision to work with a
This is a key question. You need to know the criteria the prospect is using to make their decision. If you don’t fit the criteria, you won’t get the sale.
3. What would the perfect solution/product/service look like?
Another key question. You need to know the criteria the prospect is using to make their decision. If you don’t fit the criteria, you won’t get the sale.
4. Why did you choose your current/last vendor/product/service?
Knowing your prospects decision-making process will help you understand where to go and what to do next.
5. What would need to happen for you to choose us as your vendor/provider/solution?
This question will help you know realistically if this sale is something that you can accomplish.
6. Who is your current/last vendor?
It’s important to know what’s going on with your prospect. What is the history? The past impacts the present.
7. Are you also asking them for pricing/a quote?
Having this information will make sure there are no surprises.
8. Why are you considering using a different vendor/solution?
This question will help you understand challenges and issues that affect your prospect.
It’s important information that will also help you understand their expectations and what is important to them.
9. What else/other companies/products/services are you considering?
If you know against whom you are competing, you are better able to position yourself to succeed.
10. If you’d like to know what questions to ask prospects that will enable you to nail the first appointment, check out the “Cold Calling Survival Guide” – learn to prospect fearlessly and schedule more new business appointments in less time.© Copyright 2008 Wendy Weiss