I believe that whether you are a career professional or business owner you must have a comprehensive Strategic Success Plan. In part 1 of Do You Know How to Improve Your Career or Business Image, I indicated that having a Personal Development Plan is a lifelong process and yes it is part of your comprehensive Strategic Success Plan™.
A Personal Development Plan is a way for you to assess your skills and qualifications, consider your aspirations in life and set goals in order to realize and maximize your career or business potential.
I believe that image is everything whether it career or business.
I have found that when it comes down to “image” in business, the first perception to deal with is not that of your customers, but your own.
As a business owner, you know the type of image you enjoy seeing in other professionals, and needless to say, customers also want that same excellence in your image, products and services.
Here are 10 ways to boost your business image:
1. Learn to see your business through not only your eyes but your customers’ eyes as well. Remember your image and brand is not what you say it is, it is what others say it is.
2. Pay attention to details and show your best image in your products and services all the time – consistency is the key.
3. Create a unique brand identity and presence with a catchy phrase, colors, font that is easily recognizable across all on- and off-line venues – remember consistency is the key.
4. Make sure your marketing message is consistent in all of your marketing materials, including your website, and across social media.
5. Always work on improving your leadership, listening and business growth skills and strategies.
6. Embrace the latest technology when promoting your company and its image.
7. Learn the strategies for networking like a pro. Join those groups that best serve you and your business needs.
8. Develop resource and accountable partners – these partnerships will help your business to grow faster.
9. Help and support other career and business women, it will come back to you ten times over.
10.Always be in a mode of strategic acceleration when growing your business and building your client database. Everything you do must be for the long-term of your business.
Always remember, you are an individual whose character is made up of beliefs, values and purpose that define who you are and who you are connect with. Always allow who you are to show in your business brand image. Be innovative, bold and daring.
It is important that you stand for something you believe in at all times. My business mantra: ‘doing different things and then doing things differently’™. How can you do different things to elevate your brand?
The image or perception you create today can mean new business tomorrow. Also, first impressions are lasting impressions. Keep in mind, you only have one time to do it right.
Remember, advertising, marketing, public relations and other communication techniques can be ineffective, if the necessary steps are not taken to bulletproof your company’s image.© Copyright 2015 Laureen Wishom