If you’re serious and determined to build a small or home based business that will do more than pay your basic bills; a business that will create financial freedom for you, then you’ll need to find some money to get it going to the next level.
There are plenty of online marketers that would have you believe you can start a sustainable business for next to nothing. They want to sell you something or other. Well, that’s just not the truth. I bet you’ve heard that old expression, “you have to spend money to make money”. It was right.
There are two ways to find the money you’ll need to get you off the ground running. One is to check out the finance options below. The other has to do with the way you think.
It’s very important to figure out what the minimum amount is that you’ll need and how you intend to spend it to get a return on your investment. Of course it’s a calculated risk. But hopefully you’re learning the entrepreneurial skills you need to make that money work for you.
First, here are ways to get some start up capital flowing.
1. Do you own a home? A small home equity loan is a common way to find funds.
2. Convince friends or family to invest in your start-up. Even if it’s only a few thousand dollars, do sign a formal contract with them and plan to repay them with interest.
3. Open a credit card just for your business, hopefully with a low interest rate. Figure out what you can afford to pay each month and use it to finance only an amount where you can afford to pay a bit more than the monthly minimum without a problem. This is not ideal, but it is an option.
4. Try to get a micro business loan. The Small Business Administration is usually only interested in lending over $100,000, which is most likely more than you need unless you’re opening a retail store. You can find a great article she wrote about the requirements for getting a loan on my website at http://smallbusiness-bigresults.com/guests.htm.
5. Go to www.prosper.com. This is the newest, most innovative way to get a micro loan. Scroll down this page, click on previous pages and you’ll see a post I wrote about Prosper and how you can actually get a loan from individual investors who love your business ideas.
If you are hesitant to invest in your business, why would someone else? I don’t know a successful business owner that hasn’t had the courage to invest in their business.
If you spend a lot of time thinking about how you don’t have the money and you don’t know where to get it, you’ll attract more of that “state of lack.”
If you begin to get excited about the possibilities and you believe a successful business is a done deal–it’s just in the process of manifesting, you’re bound to succeed.
Make a commitment to yourself to get committed. Even if you’re starting a business online, you must have money to invest in it. You’re smart. You’re worth it.© Copyright 2008 Janis Pettit