I remember, as I’m sure you do, my parents telling me how much easier we had it than they did (after all, they probably had to walk 5 miles up hill in the snow, BOTH ways, just to get to school).
Given that my Dad grew up in a small town in Italy where electricity came from a car battery, I always believed them.
Lately, I’ve been hearing a lot of reasons about the tough times and why people aren’t making money:
1. We’re in a recession and the economy stinks
2. Emails aren’t being delivered
3. The “list” isn’t big enough or has the wrong people on it
4. Prospects are more wary about purchasing (justifiably in my mind)
5. I’m overwhelmed and have so much to do, I don’t know where to start
6. . . .the list goes on.
What I’m not hearing are all the reasons why people can make money:
- Access to pretty much any info with a few clicks on our keyboards
- Ability to partner with a coach or mentor and see fast results
- A client pool of the entire world rather than simply as far as you can drive on a given day (thinking door-to-door sales here)
- Teleseminars and webinars as a means of sharing information and teaching a group of people at the same time without requiring them (or you) to leave home
- Digital products and the ability to have a 6 figure business without fulfillment hassles
- . . . .and once again, the list goes on.
So what are YOU doing to increase your revenue this year, this month, this week?
- Do you have an ezine that you send out regularly (not just when you “get to it”) AND that contains info your prospects want to hear about OR are you overly focused on sharing the “what and why” without any “how”?
- Are you reaching out and communicating with your clients and prospects or are you hitting “send” and hoping for the “ka-ching” sound to tell you someone purchased something?
- Do you make it easy for people to purchase from you (see my blog for some recent trainwrecks I encountered around this)?
- Do you care about your clients? I mean REALLY care about them, not just the revenue they bring you? And does it show without you having to tell them regularly?
- Do you take the time to do at least one thing EVERY SINGLE DAY to move your business forward (such as article marketing or social networking or sending a card to a client or prospect)?
- Do you know the return on investment for everything you do or are you just doing things and hoping something sticks?
Basically, are you taking the right actions to grow your business or are you sitting on the sidelines complaining about all the reasons it can’t be done and griping about those who have done it?
These days we have so many more opportunities to make money faster and easier than ever before — even with the recession — and those who are focused on providing value and being of service to clients, while authentic to themselves, are poised for the most success.
If you’re overwhelmed or feel like a top spinning round and round, unsure of what to do next (or how to do it or even if you should be doing it), email my assistant to set up a no obligation “Get Acquainted” call with me.© Copyright 2009 Sandra P. Martini