What Happens When You Don’t Listen To Your Customers – You Just Hear Them! – Part 2

By , The Growth * Success * Acceleration Expert

Solo-E Certified Solo Entrepreneur Expert

Laureen Wishom - The Growth * Success * Acceleration Expert

The way that companies handle complaints can mean the difference between success and failure for any company in today’s competitive marketplace.

Listening to clients/woman with head in handsBusinesses that turn complaints into opportunities are the ones that are most likely to survive and prosper – Why… they listen to their customers and not just hear what their customers are saying (read Are You Just Hearing Your Clients or Are You Listening to Your Clients? – Part 1)

When customers complain, they are giving you the opportunity to fix what is wrong and improve your business relationships.

Just about every study done on this subject of listening and following through on complaints point to the great success for those companies who turn the negative complaints into more positive actions.

Did you know that customer complaints are great marketing opportunities – even though customer service is typically a cost for most companies.

These complaints can be turned into a powerful marketing tool to drive sales, improve repeat business and experience greater profits for your company.

Marketing research shows that roughly 4% of customers (1 out of 26) are “wronged” and they issue a complaint. The other 96% (25 out of 26) stop buying and tell 9 to 10 others within a week about their poor treatment. This means that a negative word of mouth pyramid averaging 250 is created.

Think about this, if the company is able to satisfactorily solve the problems of the 4% that complain (turn the negative into a positive), they will tell 6 to 7 others within a week that the company solved their problem.

This will result in a positive word of mouth pyramid of 250 customers that say good things about the company. The positive group will also develop a closer relationship with the company.

What can you do about the other 96%? You can go through your customer list and contact customers that have not bought products from you in a while and ask them why you have not heard from them – then you listen because you will be able to identify a good number of negatives that you can turn into positives. And, in cases where there were no negatives, making the contact is another opportunity to generate more business – if you take the time to listen.

Dr. Laureen Wishom is dedicated to teaching high-achieving women entrepreneurs, executives, non-profit leaders and career professionals how to master Growth, achieve Success and live in strategic Acceleration.  Through her workshops, VIPs, coaching programs and products, Dr. Laureen shows high-achieving women (and enlightened men) how to bring about radical success in:  1) Visibility and Positioning 2) Business Growth/Career Success, and 3) Revenue Acceleration.  She is known for creating “WOW”, providing an unique customized experience and educating women on “doing different things and then doing things differently”™.  To receive Dr. Laureen 5-day e-course entitled: How to "Show Off" Your Credibility for Revenue Acceleration or the audio: Are You Making a Cardboard Connection or a Brand Connection, visit Drlaureen.com

© Copyright 2017 Laureen Wishom

Leave a Reply

Search
Generic filters
Match phrase exactly
Search in title
Search in content
Filter by Custom Post Type
Posts
Articles
Self-Studies
Free Templates