The start up phase is were most “dream” businesses are. Once the dream gets fleshed out and a foundation is beginning to be built, your business starts to hit the Implementation phase. This is that awkward in-between stage where the business does have shape and foundation but it still isn’t making money.
A lot of businesses get to this point – and are about to break through to the “good stuff” – the sustainable phase – and then the owners give up. Don’t be like that! Hang on… keep working… the best is yet to come.
So, is your business in the Implementation stage?
- Has a business plan, revenue plan, marketing/visibility plan and sales strategy
- Has minimal to no cash flow
- Has minimal to no client base
- Has minimal to no visibility or credibility
- Has no products developed
- Has undeveloped tools for servicing clients
- Has no team
- No consistent follow up
- Not holding consistent sales conversations
Does it seem unfair that you have worked to hard and still aren’t “there” yet. Here’s what has to happen to get your business past the terrible teen stage into a fully formed business. Here what you need to do:
- You need to be able to follow a business plan. Step by step is what wins the race.
- You need to bringing in leads every day – to do that you need a consistent system.
- You should be starting to get clients and they should be starting to get amazing results.
- Clients are starting to refer you because they are happy with the results they are getting.
- Making money regularly although maybe not consitently
- Starting to develop products
- Holding a few sales conversations each week.
- Have hired your first team members
Once you’ve done the above, you are ready to move on to the Sustainable business phase?© Copyright 2014 Michele A Scism