I believe all of us want to make the most of every day. This can be done, if you are willing to take a few steps to optimize your ‘efficiency efforts’ in your career, business and life.
Below are five ways that I recommend to high-achieving women that will help streamline and simplify your life
1. Organization makes everything easier – Whether you’re sifting through your closet for your running shoes or searching for an important file on your laptop, careful organization can save you a lot of time.
Sure, we all know that conscious organization involves a slightly longer time commitment because you must make sure that you put things back in their rightful places after use – so you can find them the next time.
However, in the grand scheme of things, organizing your physical and digital space will improve your efficiency when you know exactly where to look for your belongings the first time around.
2. Create and ‘stick to’ a schedule – When you have a plan for how to be more efficient when tackling your ‘to do’ list, you’ll naturally start to get more done by the end of each day.
Having and following your ‘to do’ list will improve your overall productivity. When you plan and route your personal errands, you will save time and frustration.
3. Hire a personal assistant – Time is precious, but the busier you are, the less of that precious time there is to come by.
Don’t waste your time on hold with your utility company for an hour or going out of your way to pick up dry cleaning several times a week.
Hiring a personal assistant is the easiest way to remove menial yet time-consuming tasks from your to-do list.
You can apply the same principle at work: delegate. Enlist an extra pair of helping hands to handle personal tasks so you can focus on the bigger picture – career, business and family.
4. Put an end to procrastination – When you delay starting or finishing a project, all you do is create stress and uncertainty.
One of the easiest ways to improve your efficiency is to avoid putting off projects and tasks until a later date or time.
Even taking the first small steps of a large project can be critical to its overall success. Creating a list of short- and long-term goals can help you schedule and prioritize projects and tasks you intend to complete.
5. Take time to rest and recharge – No one can be ‘on’ all day, every day. In addition to time for adequate sleep each night, everyone needs a few moments each day and several hours a week to rest and engage in activities they enjoy.
Whatever that looks like for you, whether it’s taking your dog for a run or watching your favorite television show, make sure to set aside time for yourself as you are planning your week.© Copyright 2017 Laureen Wishom