Everywhere you look, people are talking about Web 2.0, social networking, Twitter, Facebook, Tweetdeck or Twhirl, to name a few.
There’s even a whole new Twitcabulary: tweets, tweeples, retweets, twitpics, etc. which can make things seem a lot more complicated.
Here’s the skinny on social networking. . .
Social networking using sites like Twitter and Facebook are an AMAZING way to build relationships, connect with others and yes, even generate leads.
My friend, mutual client and Mastermind buddy Nancy Marmolejo is phenomenal at social networking and building relationships online.
I highly recommend you follow her and read her blog in order to both learn a ton and have great fun!
5 simple ways to make lead generation “easy peasy” by combining social marketing with things you’re already doing (gotta love that repurposing!).
- Link your Twitter and Facebook accounts so whenever you post to Twitter, Facebook is updated.
- Link your blog to each Twitter, Linked In and Facebook so whenever you post a new item, the 3 separate sites will share the title and a link back to it automatically.
- Link your Ezine Articles account to Twitter so whenever a new article is accepted, it will update Twitter (and therefore Facebook) with the title and a link back to it automatically.
- Schedule “tweets” to go out offering great tips daily. I send out quotes and repurposing tips, my co-host in Raw Professionals Online, Karen Knowler sends out “Successfully Raw Daily Bites” – what will you do?
- Create a “tweet ring” with those who you admire and complement your business.
Just imagine the amount of people your articles and posts are now reaching! Your friends, friends of friends, complete strangers – all are now exposed to your information AND given a link where they can learn more and sign up for your list.
It’s important to note that the above is a supplement to participating in actual conversations and chatting with others and is not a substitute for the “social” aspect of “social networking”.
I like to think of it as a big party with a ton of great people and interesting conversations that I can pop in and out of based on my schedule – and I don’t even have to “dress up”.
Make It Real: My Request To You
If you haven’t yet set up a Twitter and Facebook account, run, don’t walk, to Twitter.com and Facebook.com – there’s no cost and they can be set up in minutes (seriously, you can tweak things later).
And then implement items 1 – 5 above in order to maximize your social networking presence and easily repurpose all that article writing you’ve been doing!
If you know you need to get everything set up and linked together, but it’s not your passion or desire to futz about with the techy stuff, check out my new Social Networking: Done 4 You service here and let my team handle all the details while you simply chat.
Talk about “easy peasy”. . . 🙂© Copyright 2009 Sandra P. Martini