What do you think are the two key things your prospective clients most care about when deciding if they want to work with you?
They want to know two key things:
1. You CAN help them
2. You CARE about helping them
It’s really that simple, but you need both pieces in place.
So how can you easily show your prospective clients that you CAN help them?
1. Create marketing messages and content that speak to your ideal clients. You want to show that you understand your ideal clients’ challenges, fears and frustrations. Then provide valuable content and programs that addresses those challenges.
2. Create your Standout Signature System. This is the path you’ll take your clients through to help them achieve their desired results. It makes what you do more tangible, and inspires confidence in your prospective clients that you know what you’re doing. They can clearly see the journey they’re going to go on with you.
3. Use social proof. Social proof can come in many forms, such as honors, awards, Facebook comments, case studies and endorsements. One of the most powerful forms of social proof is testimonials. If you don’t have great testimonials, then you need to reach out to your clients, colleagues and mentors and ask! You want to make it super easy for your clients so be sure to give them a testimonial template they can easily fill in.
But people don’t just want to know what’s in your head, they want to know what’s in your heart.
So, how do you show that you CARE about your prospective clients? There are lots of ways, but let’s cover a few here.
1. You have to sincerely care. People can smell fakery miles away. That’s one of the reasons it’s so important to choose a niche that you’re passionate about.
2. Come from a place of service. Think about how you can help people and add real value. Give without having any expectations of getting anything back.
There are many ways you can add real value for your prospective clients:
- Do a free open Q&A call
- Start a Facebook group
- Offer a free strategy session
- Create great content on your blog
- Do a free webinar or teleseminar
- Create a value giveaway
- Say thank you when someone buys from you (send a card, pick up the phone and call them)
3. Allow them to get to know you. Let people get to know the real you, not some manufactured version full of grandiose statements and sound bites. Don’t be afraid to admit your challenges and vulnerabilities. If you just flout all your successes without mentioning any of the challenges you’ve faced along the way, you stop being relatable and real.
Put yourself out there for people and show them that you CAN help them and that you CARE about helping them. The right people will show they care about you too .© Copyright 2013 Cindy Schulson