Time management tips create your royal road to living with joy – if you know what you want to do with the time you find! If you ever dread free weekends because you can’t decide what you really want to do, follow these 3 tips to truly relish your time.
Tip #1: Don’t Stall – Brainstorm!
Ideas just get better when you play with them and give them plenty of company. Kick self-consciousness to the curb and write down every idea that catches your fancy. Nothing is too zany to write down… this is all about what pleases you, and no one is looking over your shoulder. Be your own best friend, and ask yourself the question you most want to answer. Some possibilities may include:
- What project excites you so much that you’d get up early to get started on it?
- What would you love to wrap up so much that you’d celebrate when it’s finished?
- What could you accomplish that would make you feel more powerful?
Tip #2: Power Up Your Imagination and See Yourself in Action.
Here’s your chance to feel the best fit for your time. It doesn’t take that long to sit back, relax, and envision yourself involved in each project that appeals to you.
- Which ones satisfy you the most as you do them?
- Which give the brightest glow of satisfaction when completed?
- How do you feel about yourself as you explore each option?
At this point, see if you can narrow down your options to 3-5 possibilities.
Tip #3: Let Your Head and Heart Decide Together.
This is an ideal time to allow your wisdom and your heart to arrive together to make your ultimate choice. Simple questions like the following help steer you towards the activities that you’ll succeed at.
- What period of time can you commit to your project? How frequently can you follow up?
- Which activity flows easily with your current life choices?
- What action steps make your project manageable?
- Where will you schedule these action steps in your schedule?
- Journaling helps you call on your intuition. If you feel resentful, invite that voice to speak. Then initiate a productive dialogue – your voice of resistance speaks with your voice of wisdom. And you decide what is in your best interest.
Remember – Self-Loyalty Supports Success!
Have you ever wondered what is the key ingredient in successful decision-making? Surprisingly, it’s backing up your choice 100%, without looking back. With all your positive energy working with you, you become more spontaneous, confident and alert to opportunities. Your choice either leads to a successful outcome or to a valuable lesson. Either way, you move forward enhanced and eager to explore and succeed. And what could be a better way to use your time?© Copyright 2013 Paula Eder, Ph.D.