Time management tips possess power to shake up your life, if you’re willing to challenge yourself. Here’s how to stretch for success.
Embrace Opposites to Welcome Challenge
Dramatic quality of life improvements can’t be tacked onto the end of an unexamined day, like the tail in a childhood game of “Pin the Tail on the Donkey”. Approaching things the same way you have for years will reliably give you… the same.
One of the most potent transformations embrace opposites. Then you create a new fusion of potentials. Empowered Compassion™ is such a concept.
Combine Yielding And Forcefulness
Tender and strong… This echoes the flow in your life when you take new risks, building from a base of solid inner balance.
- Accepting yourself as you truly are, you pace yourself realistically.
- Rejecting a veneer of false confidence, you open yourself to learn as you go.
Genuine self-empowerment embraces both realism and compassion. Your humanity and sensitivity are the basis of your strength. You easily and graciously refuse to be put on a pedestal or to take on superhuman challenges.
Engage Your Imagination
New ideas must move you deeply to change your life. What images arise when you hear the words, Empowered Compassion? Do you see yourself growing to meet a wider range of opportunities?
Exploring how you can bring Empowered Compassion into your life awakens potential. For a minute or two in the morning, before you enter the busiest part of the day, meditate on fresh possibilities. See yourself relating with Empowered Compassion in a situation you currently find stressful. What changes?
Allow Yin And Yang To Join Forces
As mentioned, Empowered Compassion derives its strength from its underlying paradox. Because Empowered Compassion embodies yin and yang – acceptance and striving – inhaling and exhaling, it’s applicable almost everywhere.
Empowerment is the masculine, or yang, component. When you empower yourself, your core strengths keep you upright yet flexible, like toned core muscles.
- You are defined and focused. Your boundaries protect the hours of your day as a force field of intentionality.
- You know that solving problems supports your evolution.
- You find pleasure in creating large and small goals.
- You remain realistic and alert to life’s constant changes.
Compassion is the feminine, receptive yin. It’s extremely helpful to notice how it enhances your strength just as much as the yang – but in very different ways. Here are some examples:
- Compassion provides a natural antidote to perfectionism. Self-acceptance overpowers a swarm of perfectionist pests like fearful people-pleasing, procrastination, and over-polishing work. Think of how that can free up both your energy and your time!
- Because compassion sees and accepts everything without judging or punishing, it becomes easier for you to befriend and learn from mistakes. So you approach challenges with curiosity rather than fear.
- Your empathy towards yourself and others helps you to create and maintain a balanced perspective.
To create opportunities that are big enough to engage you, call on all your strengths that lead to Empowered Compassion.© Copyright 2012 Paula Eder, Ph.D.