Finding time to increase your effectiveness is always time well spent.
That’s because as your effectiveness grows, your productivity and your confidence increase, too! It’s a positive spiral that will have you eager to stretch, set goals, and enjoy new accomplishments!
How does an accountability buddy increase effectiveness?
Well, think about it. Do you currently have a project that’s been hovering in the back of your mind but you just can’t seem to get off the ground? The longer you wait the more your sense of effectiveness erodes. So, to get unstuck and move back on track, I recommend that you consider lining up an accountability buddy. Sometimes, that extra bit of support makes all the difference between stalling out and sailing across the finish line!
Time Gremlins Eat Into Effectiveness
Time Gremlins are destructive and debilitating. They often step in and take charge when you feel isolated, lack confidence or simply dislike what needs doing. So old patterns of procrastination may resurface, sabotaging your productivity and effectiveness. And that’s exactly where scheduling regular check-ins with your accountability buddy helps counteract private rationalizations and distractions. This simple step increases effectiveness, productivity, and confidence … and helps countless people remain on course every day.
Enhance Your Effectiveness by Getting Started With An Accountability Partner
Starting off with a clear set of guidelines works wonders, so here are 7 timely tips to keep in mind as you embark on this journey:
- First of all, jot down your goal, making sure it’s quite realistic.
- Break down your goal into daily action steps.
- Discuss with your partner what’s the best way to check in – by email, phone, or in person.
- Keep to your check-in schedule. Daily check-ins are generally most effective.
- Work within the time frame you agree upon. Set aside 5 to 15 minutes total for a simple phone check-in. Email check-ins take less time, by and large.
- When your listener shares, remain neutral. Offer feedback and suggestions only when you are asked to.
- Stay on topic, to reinforce the mindfulness and self-respect you entered the agreement with.
Why not give it a try? I think you’ll be very pleased to discover how working with an accountability buddy can jump-start your effectiveness and productivity, and boost your confidence, too!© Copyright 2012 Paula Eder, Ph.D.