When it comes down to “image” in business, the first impression is not that of the customer, but your own.
You know the type of image you enjoy seeing from others, and needless to say, customers also want excellence in your image, products and services.
Here are 15 ways to boost your business image:
1. Learn to see your business through your customers’ eyes.
2. Pay attention to details and show your best all the time.
3. Create a unique brand identity with a catchy phrase that is recognizable.
4. Be consistent with all your marketing materials and online presence.
5. Make sure your business card has a great logo and is printed on quality card stock.
6. Make sure all of your marketing materials are conveying the same message.
7. Add your QR code, e-mail, and website to your business card and stationery.
8. Have separate phone lines for faxing, credit card orders, and Internet usage.
9. Always work on improving your telephone and listening skills.
10. Embrace the latest technology to expand your marketplace footprint.
11. Build a searchable and user-friendly website, be sure to keep it up to date and never stop improving it.
12. Don’t copy anyone else – learn to differentiate, be unique and creative.
13. Hire a business coach to improve your company’s image, brand and marketplace presence.
14. Network like a pro – join at least two professional organizations.
15. Help and support others, it will come back ten times over.
The image or impression you create today can mean new business tomorrow. Also, first impressions are lasting impressions. Imagine that you only have one time to do it right.
Advertising, marketing, public relations and various other communication techniques can very well be ineffective if necessary steps are not taken to bullet-proof you’re your image and your company’s image.© Copyright 2013 Laureen Wishom