To be a REAL entrepreneur you have to learn to delegate. You can’t do it all by yourself. Even Sherlock Holmes had Dr. Watson. So let’s look at what you can start delegating right now.
- Email Marketing – This includes your weekly newsletter and other weekly emails to your list.
- Social Media Marketing – This includes your daily posts, interactions and ads that follow your marketing strategy.
- Customer Service – Let someone else handle questions and issues that come up for your clients.
- Website Design and Development – Don’t waste your time getting lost in the constant changes of your website.
- Writing – This would include your blog posts, ebooks and training tools.
- Posting Blogs to Your Website – Someone else can easily post your blogs to your site and to other sites that you can submit them to.
- Bookkeeping – Have someone else prepare financial statements for you on a monthly basis.
Now that you know what to delegate, how do you get started?
Finding someone to delegate to could seem daunting. Don’t let it scare you from getting started. Ask your friends for referrals. My best team members have come from referrals.
Give the potential new team member a trial task or project to start on. After that project you can evaluate whether you think it is working.
Oh and the best advice I can give you, get really good at communicating. This is by far the biggest issue I see when my clients are learning to delegate and manage team members.
No go out and start delegating!© Copyright 2016 Michele A Scism