Today I am preparing for my upcoming photo shot. Yes it’s time to update those photos again. While I was preparing, I received a call from a former clients who asked: “How do I know when I have achieved success?”
I suggested that she purchase my book: Fit, Fine & Fabulous in Career, Business & Life. In the book, I discuss the importance of creating your own definition of success and crafting a fit, fine and fabulous life by your own design.
Anyway, after a brief pause — I know that I have achieved success when….
1. I am being myself. I do not pretend to be someone or something I am not. My uniqueness appeals to a certain segment of the market and it enforces who I am. My uniqueness is part of my brand and it separates me from someone else offering the same or similar services or products.
2. Following my passion – I do what I love and I love what I do – This sounds good but it does not guarantee financial success. The key… I figured out what I could do that I loved that would provide me with a good living.
3. Spend as much time as I can with my son and family. The worst thing in the world is to have regrets because you weren’t there, or you missed a special event, or you forgot to say: I love you!
4. Learned a financially valuable skill that would allow me to command a high salary. Individuals who command top dollar either:
- perform a service that makes or saves their employer or client money or time
- they have a skill where the demand for that skill exceeds the supply
- they specialize in a narrow niche with little competition
Okay, if you want to know the next five tips; stay tuned for the next post entitled. How Do I Know When I Have Achieved Success – Part 2?
Oh by the way, the former client did purchase the book. Just saw the notification.
© Copyright 2014 Laureen Wishom