The other day I received a call from a former client, Kelli K. She started a PR company several years ago. Kelli’s PR company has done very well during the pass few years and she wanted to know if she had reached “success”.
Obviously “success” is different for everyone and the definition of “success” varies from one person to another. Knowing your business’ end goal is very important when determining what “success” looks like for your company.
We all have “success” on the brain, but what does that word really mean, and how do you know when you’ve actually achieved it?
I suggested to Kelli that she develop a Business Success Checklist™ based on her mission, vision, short- and long-term business goals and objectives. I also told Kelli that she should plan on attending the Radical Decisions Conference for Career and Business Women in October 2013.
As you make those business decisions, use the checklist below as your guide to ensure that the choices you make will lead directly to the “success” you crave.
1. Ensure That Your Skills and Natural Abilities Find Their Purpose. When you know you are doing what you were born to do, and are able to make a great living from your unique talents, you are quite the “success”.
2. Make Sure That Your Intellectual Curiosity is Stimulated Daily. When you love what you do so much that it becomes an everyday joy to explore all there is to know about your field, your craft, and your audience…you enjoy “success”.
3. Make A Radical Decision To Master Work/Life Balance. When you can finally build your work schedule around your home schedule, and you don’t have to miss out on important family functions because you’re busy chasing money – you’ve attained a great level of “success”.
4. Make Those Around You Proud. When people are excited to introduce you to others because they have so many great things to say about you, chances are you’ve attained a level of “success” that you can be pleased with.
5. Make Sure That Your Physical Image Matches Who You Are. When your vision of being fit, healthy, stylish, and well-put together becomes your reality that’s a huge indication of “success”.
6. Ensure That Your Body Of Work Speaks For Itself. When you have documented accomplishments on paper (and not just in your own head) you can be pleased with yourself. If someone can Google your name and get a clear sense of the great work you’ve done through the years – go ahead and hold your head a bit higher to bask in your “success”.
7. Always Pass Your Wisdom Along. When you’ve taken industry newbies under your wing to mentor them, to share your trade secrets, and to empower the next generation, you can count yourself a “success”.
8. Practice Keeping Your Mind At Peace. When you’re in the rat race your mind is constantly going. Whether you’re checking emails during dinner, or interrupting family time with business calls or you never seem to relax. You know you are a true “success” when you are comfortable shutting off outside noises to enjoy the peace and quiet your hard worked earned for you.
9. Make Sure That You Are Proud of Your Reflection. When you look in the mirror and you’re pleased to see who you’ve become, what you’ve accomplished, and the legacy you’re leaving behind, you can consider yourself a “success”.
10. Strive To Be Financially Free. Forget about living check to check. When you no longer have to worry about how you’re going to pay next year’s bills, you can be proud of your “success”.
Once you’re clear about your definition of “success”, that clarity will help you make smarter decisions, and allow you to plot the most direct route to your destination.
Is There a Checklist for Success? – Absolutely, you just read it!
TAKE ACTION ITEM #1: Mark your calendar for October 18-20th (Save the Date) for The Radical Decisions Conference for Career and Business Women in Houston, Texas.
This event is designed to provide you with the proven method for finding balance between ‘career and life’ and ‘business and life’. There is major focus on branding, building the Know, Like, Trust and Value Factor, Leverage Grow Amplify and living a life by your own design.
You will walk away with the formula and method for “Taking It to a Whole NEW level in your career, business and life.
© Copyright 2013 Laureen Wishom