Are you attracting all the new clients you can handle? Do you have questions about how to use social media, email marketing or relationship marketing to grow your business?
While working with clients recently I was asked the following questions about client attraction and I thought it might be helpful for you.
1. There are so many businesses online – Is there 1 thing I can do to get people to pay attention to me?
My secret and the way I really got noticed fast was by writing a book. I’m not talking about a novel; I am talking about a small (less than 100 pages) book that will give you the credibility you are looking for. I was so blessed to be introduced to Donna Kozik of Write a Book in a Weekend fame and I did just that. Why write a book? Well if you are going to take cooking lessons and there are 2 teachers but only 1 of them wrote a book, which one do you automatically think is better? You know it is the one with the book. Same applies to you!
2. Do you think that there is one social media site that is better than the others for promoting my business?
That is a big question! My answer is No. They all have their benefits and actually a good marketing campaign will include using multiple social media sites – I like to use Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube. I think the answer lies in knowing your prospective client and where they hang out. If they are skateboarders then Twitter and YouTube are probably your first choices but if you are looking for business owners you might want to be out on LinkedIn and Facebook as well. Don’t forget there are close to, maybe more than, 100 social media sites so check out the possibilities. It’s also important that you like the site – if you don’t like it then you will not use it, so why waste your time.
3. I have a small email list, what can I do to get more people to join it?
If you have started collecting names and emails then I am assuming that you have an opt-in box with a free giveaway. That would be the first thing you have to get done. But since that is done you just have to start driving traffic to your website to opt-in to your list. The easiest way to do that is to blog. Blogging has many benefits:
- Helps improve SEO ranking for your site because your site has updated information
- You can easily share your blog posts on social media sites like Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn to get people to read it and then hopefully opt-in to your list.
- It’s a great way for people to find out that you do know what you are talking about.
An extra tip – you could attach the code for your opt-in box to the bottom of your blog post and people could opt-in easier.© Copyright 2011 Michele A Scism