Your community (or tribe) is like a tree. The more you water, fertilize and prune it the faster it will grow. The stronger your tribe is – the faster your business will grow (and we all want that, don’t we?)
Here are a few quick tips:
– Keep it clean. Periodically go through and remove people from your e-mail list who are not responding or engaging with you. Prune your twitter followers so that more people follow you than you are following.
– Participate in other communities (cross-fertilize) – especially those communities that are bigger than yours. Engage the thought leaders in conversation. This will put you on the radar of all of their followers. Also, you’ll learn new things that you can share with your tribe. Cross fertilization is the key to quick growth.
– Give public ‘high fives”. Keep an eye out for great things other people are doing. Compliment people on their writing, their posts, their work.
-Use google alert and socialmention to find out what people are talking about in your niche. Create a stream of content – schedule it to go out using Buffer or another tool.
– Be your amazing self. There are people who need to hear from you – not from a clone of your favorite mentor. It is easy to get distracted from your message when you spend time listening to everyone else’s point of view. Take everything you learn and filter it through your experiences and ideas. You’ll give more value to community today and give your tribe a reason to follow you (instead of your mentor).
– Less is More. Remember the point is to build a community of raving fans – sometimes fewer followers that you can pay more attention to is better than lots of people who don’t really know you. Treat your followers as friends – be helpful – give value.
– My motto – consistent and persistent – applies here. Your following WILL grow as long as you steadily post interesting content.
– Be happy and have fun. Not much explanation needed her. People want to be around positive people. Negativity is a drain. Be inspirational.
– Be generous and helpful. That’s the quickest way to grow the know, like and trust factor in your business.
What are your favorite tribe growing tricks?© Copyright 2014 Michele A Scism