Halloween has become the unofficial start of the *long* holiday season. The day after Halloween, all of the pumpkins and Halloween candy will be replaced by Christmas trees and candy canes. Love it or hate it, we are in the home stretch of 2015. Was it a good year for you?
When the holidays start, it is very tempting to start to relax. After all, there are parties to go to. Family gatherings to attend! But, if you are not yet to your 2015 goal, this is a great time to make progress on your business. People are spending money, and fewer people are actually out there marketing – plans are being deferred until the New Year.
If you are smart about what you offer, you can still make a lot of money this holiday season and still spend time celebrating with your family.
One of my clients made $25,000 a few holiday seasons ago. She used some of the tips I’m going to share with you now.
1. Sell a lifetime membership to your program (or a discount for the next year) Do you have big plans for next year, but need cash now? Do you mostly sell classes that adding a few more people won’t necessarily mean more work for you? Then, an end of the year lifetime option might be for you. Just be clear that is is a lifetime membership in a certain part your business – not in everything. This is a good way to charge premium prices and provide good value to your clients.
2. Bundle and sell old training materials at bargain prices Have a lot of old training programs hanging out on your hard drive? Maybe you launched and sold a class in the past, but haven’t promoted it in a while? Bundle all of those classes together for a holiday special at a deeply discounted price. This will not only mean extra money for you without extra effort – this can be a great value add for your clients.
3. Offer special “new year’s kick off coaching sessions Send out a few emails offering special “new years kickoff” sessions. You can either do these as free strategy sessions or as a paid package to be redeemed in January.
4. Let people eavesdrop when you create your 2016 plan Charge admission and let people eavesdrop on our 2016 planning meeting. If it is just you in your business, then work through your plan while explaining what you are doing. This both brings in some cash AND gets your community excited about what is coming up next.
5. Promote a class that will take place next year. Get in gear for next year. Create and promote a product that will start in 2016. Want to know how to do that? Check out our Product Success Secrets course.
Whatever you do, there are two months left of the year – and how you end this year – will be how you begin 2016. Keep the momentum going now for a strong start to 2016.
© Copyright 2015 Michele A Scism