It seems everywhere I turn Iâ€™m hearing about:
- the recession
- why we *should discount* our services to get more business or
- why we should have a sale as a result of *the* summertime lull in business
and yet Iâ€™m busier than ever and have just brought on two new team members and several of my clients are reporting record months.
Why the difference?
The answer is as complex as it is simple. There are several things those who are growing are doing:
- Rather than gripe about the economy or gas prices, weâ€™re consistently taking action (some small and some big) to grow and build our business.
- Weâ€™re willing to try new things â€“ an offline direct mail campaign, a new program, a webinar series, etc. â€“ and measure the results (just as important as the doing). Think of FOX TVâ€™s slogan, rather than â€œthink outside the boxâ€, itâ€™s â€œthere is no boxâ€.
- We invest in coaching and programs which support and challenge us.
- We recognize that having an assistant is a necessity, not a luxury â€“ even if itâ€™s for only 3 hours a month.
Notice a trend? Everything listed above can be traced back to a success mindset and constant action.
Always remember, knowledge without implementation is a waste; knowledge combined with implementation is a recipe for success.
Your Coaching Challenge
Every time you start to think something negative or limiting about your business, stop yourself and remember that, while you canâ€™t change the past, you most definitely can affect the future.
Then immediately take ONE action to move your business forward: send an email to a potential client, sign up for an ezine service, sign up for a teleseminar, contact someone youâ€™d like to coach with. You get the idea.
Take just one action for each limiting thought and youâ€™ll be thriving rather than surviving in no time!
© Copyright 2008 Sandra P. Martini