I’ve noticed a trend with my clients: they’re either struggling to make low 6 figures (say up to $200,000) or they’re at the million dollar mark and beyond.
Why the marked difference in revenue?
In focusing on the struggling 6-figure entrepreneur, the answers are as simple as they are complex:
- Many are “stuck” in the $50,000 – $80,000 revenue range – after all, this is what they previously thought was a “good” income from a, dare I say it, J O B and so is what they’re comfortable with
- Most haven’t yet learned how to leverage themselves and so are trying to do it all themselves without benefit of a strong infrastructure
- and that leads me to. . .many entrepreneurs become loyal to their team members and either don’t require them to upgrade their skills as necessary or keep them long after it’s time to part ways
- The concept of passive revenue and “making money while they sleep” is exciting, but most entrepreneurs don’t take action on it CONSISTENTLY and
- last, but certainly not least, many entrepreneurs make it MUCH harder than it is by not incorporating simple systems which make it effortless.
To paraphrase Albert Einstein, “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result.”
So what’s a struggling 6.5 – 7-figure-wannabe-entrepreneur to do?
Being Italian, I’ll start with a little story. . .
Most of us from Massachusetts know that the streets of Boston were originally cow paths and, when it came time to pave roads, they simply paved over the cow paths — therefore taking the path of least resistance – anyone who’s ever driven in Boston understands why this is not a good thing.
Our minds tend to do the same thing — rather than determine the best, fastest and most effective way of doing something, we do what we’ve always done and “follow the cow paths”.
What would happen if, instead of taking the path of least resistance by following those meandering cow paths, you chose to put down a 4-lane super highway taking you from where you are to where you want to be?
Make It Real: My Request to You
It’s time to get off the merry-go-round, give yourself a loving kick in the butt and take action on your goals.
Not sure what to do or where to start?
I’m creating a small (does not mean prohibitively expensive) group coaching program for “ambitious 5 and low-6 figure” entrepreneurs who want to see a marked increase in their revenue AND profits this year.
The program will start in April. If this is something which may interest you, click here for advance notice, special early-bird bonuses and goodies just for being on the list (no obligation at all!).
Want to do it on your own? The key is to shake up your normal routine:
If you usually fire, then aim. . .make a list of all your current projects, determine the ROI (return on investment) of each and focus on the one which will bring in both the most revenue AND profits, then move on to the next one.
If you usually aim, then aim, then aim some more. . .do one thing today, right now, implement something without planning (I know it’s scary, but remember it’s better to take action, mess up, learn and take action again than never move forward) – just get it done, then move on to one more thing, and so on and so on.
Just be sure you’re paving highways and not cow paths!
© Copyright 2009 Sandra P. Martini