One of the biggest challenges we face as entrepreneurs is identifying and communicating our unique value.
What is it that we do that makes us so darn special?
You do good work and you get nice compliments and feedback from your clients and the people you help. But have you ever stopped to really think about that feedback so you can identify how others perceive your unique value?
It’s an extremely valuable exercise that will help you not only pinpoint your unique value, but create some great testimonials and marketing messages.
There are a few ways to approach this. One is to think back about all the nice things your clients have said about you. At what point in the process of working with you did they stop and say, “you’re so good at that”.
Another approach is to review your existing testimonials. Look for the key themes and trends.
A third approach, and probably the most powerful, is to interview some of your favorite clients.
Here are some questions you can ask them:
- What was the biggest challenge you were facing when you chose to hire me?
- Why did you choose to work with me?
- How would you describe the experience of working with me?
- What would you say makes my work special or different from others?
- What words come to mind when you think about your experience working with me?
You’ll be surprised to see what results you get!
Now you need to know what to do with those insights. You have to incorporate what makes you unique in your marketing. Take a look at your bio and your website. Do they highlight your unique gifts?
There are a few things my clients consistently tell me they love about working with me, and I’ve included them in my bio and my website. For instance, on my “Meet Cindy” page, I say:
You can attract your favorite clients, help more people and earn a lot more income. It’s just a matter of knowing how to focus, share and package your passion.
That’s where I come in. We all have great gifts and I want to help you not only discover, but communicate and package yours so that its compelling for your target market.
To do that, I have to use my gifts:
- I have a knack for taking an avalanche of information and ideas, and finding the nugget of gold (that you’re too close to to see)
- I love taking complex ideas and turning them into easy to follow, step-by-step systems.
- I am lucky to have both strong analytical skills and intuition (I always joke that my mom was a psychologist and my dad was an accountant so I can use both the right and left side of my brain:).
- I’m a to the point person who will be honest and upfront with you – what you see is what you get.
- Above all, I care tremendously about your success. I give a lot of myself to my clients and go above and beyond to help you get results.
© Copyright 2013 Cindy Schulson