Let’s face it, no matter your industry… there are many other people who do exactly what you do. The key question is, how do you differentiate yourself from the crowd? Of course, you want to provide top-notch service and value. But, lots of people do that. How can you stand out? Preferably, without spending a fortune?
Here are 10 ideas for “wow”ing your customer – most cost less than $10.
1. Send them chocolates for their birthday. Do not do this in the summer.
2. Send them a mug with your company name on it. If you doubt the staying power of mugs, go look in your kitchen cabinet. I’m fairly sure there is at least one promotional mug or cup there.
3. Call them on their birthday – or even better just call every once in a while to see how they are doing.
4. Do some trolling on social media and recognize important life events. New moms love $10 Starbucks gift cards!
5. If your clientele is local, hold a client appreciation party.
6. Donate money on your clients’ behalf to charity.
7. Send out a monthly newsletter with a client coupon for additional discounts.
8. Reward them handsomely for referring business to you (even if you don’t have an official referral program.
9. Don’t send them irrelevant e-mails. Everything they get should be relevant to them.
10. Be outstanding. Truly the best way to stand out is to treat your customers like the rock stars they are.
You would be amazed at the impact these little things can do for your memorability factor – not to mention your know, like and trust factor. Your clients will love that you take the time to go that extra step for them. These simple things can be automated to so they don’t have to take up a ton of your time. It can be tempting to think that these types of gestures will cost too much or take too much time, but with a little bit of forethought and planning you can remove both of those worries. As you can see, it doesn’t have to be hard or expensive to show your appreciation to the clients who have chosen you!© Copyright 2013 Michele A Scism