There’s actually 2 parts to this question, and I posted the answer to the first part here which is how to create your own content.
This week I want to talk about other ways to fill your blog with content that do NOT rely on you doing all the writing.
In fact, here are 5 blog content creation ideas that don’t rely on you slaving away over a hot keyboard:
* Have someone else write content for you. That person can either write your content based on interviewing you, using notes or an outline you send them, or can even pull articles off of existing recordings of free calls or information products. Depending on what you already have, this can be a fairly painless process for you.
* Ask guest authors to provide articles for you. You can even ask for fresh content or a fresh spin on an old article so you get search engine “credit” for a new content.
* Post other people’s content but add a paragraph or two from you with your take on it. (Make sure you get permission from the author to post their content.) If you add your take to it, it makes it more personal and turns it into something that “just isn’t another blog post.”
* Who says all blog posts need to be long? You can post super short posts — maybe just a question for the day or a quote to inspire your readers.
* And who says all blog posts need to be written? Blogs can feature videos or podcasts or a combination of media. If you find it easier to do a podcast or shoot a video, by all means post that on your blog.
* Get creative! What else can you post? Pictures? Cartoons? Anything else?
Now it’s your turn. What have you done to come up with content for your blog? Please share below in the comment section. Or if you have a question about marketing, business or writing copy, feel free to put in the comment section and I’ll answer those in a future Ask PW column.
© Copyright 2014 Michele Pariza Wacek (Michele PW)