“Copywriting seems like such a huge daunting task when it comes to looking at my website, one that makes me feel overwhelmed just thinking about how to learn how to do it better. Is there a trick to breaking it down into small stages so you can eliminate overwhelm yet make progress towards having all your copy be better?” Lisa Larter, www.LisaLarter.com
Great question Lisa! And yes, you’ll be happy to know there is a way to break your copy project down so it’s not so scary and overwhelming and it still gets done. I’m going to share with you a few tips to get yourself started (note — these are the same tips I share with my Juicy Online Marketing Essentials Bootcamp students).
First off, start with your foundation. Once you have a full grasp of that, the rest of the copy will flow pretty naturally.
So what is your foundation? It’s knowing:
• WHO your ideal client is (and what’s keeping them up at night)
• WHAT you’re selling (but deeper than that — your uniqueness, what makes you different than anyone else even other people who could be considered your competition)
• HOW your solution will help your ideal client sleep better at night
Once you “get” this, writing the copy will be much easier.
If you still struggle or it still feels overwhelming to you, then I would suggest writing “pieces” of it, then putting it together at the end. For instance:
1. Just focus on writing headlines
2. The headlines you reject as the main headline, you may find will work perfectly as subhead
3. Just focus on writing benefits of your solution
4. Just focus on answering objections
And so on.
Once you have the pieces done, then you just need to assemble them, add transitions and testimonials and you’re ready to go!
© Copyright 2011 Michele Pariza Wacek (Michele PW)