I received a call the other day from a client that I coached several years ago. Somehow life got in the way and she forgot who she is and the brilliance she posses.
So here is what I told her “Stop comparing yourself to other women. Stop judging your inside based on someone else’s outside. You are a unique high-achieving woman with your own special power, talents, and gifts. There is no one else in the world just like YOU!
Remember to set your goals based on your OWN values, rather than those dictated to you by others. Decide what is important to YOU to move forward and start to get there by taking one step at a time.”
Now, here’s my top 10.5 Must for Career and Business Women who are focused on ensuring that they have a Personal Development Plan in place.
1. Live In The Now. Yesterday is gone, tomorrow is not promised, and today is about living.
2. Accept Your Imperfections. Focus on your strengths and manage your weaknesses.
3. Give Love. And you’ll receive it. Although, it may not necessarily be from the person you gave it to – it will come back to you.
4. Keep Dreaming. Even if it is in small increments. Use your imagination to build a life on purpose and by your own design.
5. Cultivate an Attitude of Gratitude. Appreciate what you have, where you are, and who are – right NOW!
6. Get Rid of Whatever Makes You Stop. You only ‘fail’ if you quit – it’s time to let go of the baggage and keep going towards success.
7. Take Time to Enjoy Where You Are. It has been said that we don’t have to slow down, we need to just calm down. Enjoy your journey, as you apply your personal growth strategies.
8. Remove the Word RISK From The “Bad Word” Vocabulary. Nothing in life is ever achieved without taking some steps of measured or calculated risk.
9. Strive for Excellence. Excellence is a commitment to completion.
10. Focus on What You DO Want. Stop looking at what you don’t want, or what isn’t working – your eyes must remain on what you want at all the times.
10.5. Polish Your Brilliance. If you don’t – then who will? – If not now – when?
- Get your ‘Strategic Acceleration’ on!
- Read Part 1 and Part 2 of Do You Know How to Improve Your Career or Business Image?
- ISN’T IT TIME TO JOIN THE ACHIEVERS WOMEN’S ASSOCIATION!
- Make sure you have a current Personal Development Plan.
© Copyright 2015 Laureen Wishom