You’ve no doubt heard the cliché “Work hard; play hard.”
Like most cliché’s, it is very true.
Many service-based business owners know this for a fact. They work incredibly hard at their business, night and day it sometimes seems.
But the problem is most service providers (including VAs, social media specialists, designers, and writers) forget to play hard.
Even when they do take some time off from working – (for a weekend or a vacation) they still feel the need to be connected… just in case.
There is great power in being able to give whatever you’re doing 100% of your energy and attention.
It’s time to take a stand for yourself as an entrepreneur and take charge. It’s time to simplify for better results.
And one of the best ways to simplify is to plan your breaks and honor them. Here are a few quick tips to help you out:
- Evaluate your life now. Are you happy without a lot of stress? No? Then what do you need to do to change it?
- Review how you presently spend your time.
- Eliminate time sucks and unimportant tasks.
- Prioritize your time with business growing tasks.
- Regularly schedule breaks and no-work times – and make sure you adhere to your own rules about this.
- Make a list of things you want to do that are fun. Schedule some in your calendar.
Of course, this is the tip of the iceberg when it comes to simplifying your business life. The key is to have the plans and systems in place so you never have to worry about working too many hours for too little pay.
In my new Service Providers Reboot program, I’ll give you the exact systems and plans I used for growing my serviced based business while honoring my wish for only working 25 hours a week.
© Copyright 2012 TextOnly'Admin