I received a call from someone I mentored several years ago. We had not spoken for a while. It was great to hear from her. She asked me to give her some encouraging words that could help her as she continues to grow personally and professionally.
Here are my encouraging words:
- Visualize Success: Close your eyes for a minimum of 60 seconds each morning, and create a positive vision for the way you want your day to play out. If you want to have more long-term success strategies, read my book: Fit, Fine & Fabulous in Career, Business & Life.
- Shrug off the Stress: Reduce tension in your shoulders by raising them toward your ears, hold shoulders for three to five seconds and release with a long exhale. Repeat three times. Do this several times a day.
- Brainstorm three ways your team can get involved in the community: use your time and talents to help others and build your brand at the same time.
- Make a list of three ways others say you can’t succeed. For each one, write your plan of action and prove them wrong. You are always a winner even if your plan does not work out like you originally planned.
- Bring out the best in someone else’s day by asking them about their accomplishments and then encourage them to dream big.
- Give out your own ‘award’ today. Think of two people in your life who have helped you solve a problem and thank them with a special note or small gift.
- Look over your shoulders and learn from your past challenges.
- Write down a sentence describing your last big mistake (obstacle). Underneath it, make a list of everything you’ve learned from the experience.
- “We are where we are today because of the decisions we’ve made. If you’re blaming someone else for your situation, make a list of the decisions you have made that got you where you are. Now, write the next choice you’ll make to get you where you want to go.” – Tony Robbins
- Make a list of 5 practices that are no longer serving you. Then make a plan to phase them out – starting today.
- Experts say your brain is like a muscle; the more you work it, the stronger it gets. Take time today to read a book, work a puzzle, take a class or otherwise stretch your mental muscle. Enjoy the workout!
Much of my success has been based on my making a ‘radical decision’ to do something different. I lost 55 lbs, rebranded myself, reinvent my business model and wrote a life changing book that is an Amazon Best Seller Fit, Fine & Fabulous in Career, Business & Life –I am a whole new person who has achieved success the old fashion way: one small accomplishment at a time.
© Copyright 2013 Laureen Wishom