One of my clients loves to tease me that I always have a positive spin I apply to everything. Truth is, I love feeling happy. I was raised by a happy mom and grew up in a happy household. Plus, my mom really instilled in us that our primary goal in life is to create and maintain happiness.
Now, it’s not that I don’t have frustrating things happen, things go wrong or s**t come up. It does. But I quickly right myself back into my natural state of happiness.
I thought it might be useful for you if I shared a few tips on how I manage this, even when the you-know-what hits the fan.
* I constantly say throughout my day, “It’s all good.”
* I smile a lot…with BOTH cheeks
* I surround myself with vibrant, positive people and eliminate the ones who are perpetually negative from my life, even if they’re family
* I expect good things to happen and look for clues that they ARE happening
* I always look for what can be learned in any situation (I tend to skip the “it must be happening for a reason” mantra in favor of this wisdom instead)
* I don’t put up with or tolerate crap, shoulds or things in my life that make me feel unhappy for any length of time
* I feel deep, profound gratitude and appreciation every day, for many things. Hey, who says you can’t be blissed out on a regular basis, right?
So, what’s on your “makes me happy” list?
© Copyright 2009 TextOnly'Admin