I’ve been tagged in a “blog tag” by my friend and Mastermind buddy Nancy Marmolejo of Viva Visibility. These are so much fun and will give you a little more info on bloggers you like to follow.
The name of the game is for me to share 10 honest things about myself and then invite more people to do the same.
- I’m a first generation American — my Dad was from Italy (RIP Dad, I miss you SOOO much!) and my Mom is from England.
- My friends are constantly telling me I have a career in stand-up comedy if I ever want to go there.
- My hobbies consist of swimming, gardening, reading, volunteering and learning what I can about Atlantis.
- The plane that crashed onto the White House South Lawn on Sept 12, 1994 came close to ruining a Presidential event I had spent months planning and that was to be held later that day — we held it on the North Lawn instead (AmeriCorps).
- I inherited my keen intuition, strategic mind and common sense from my Dad — whenever in doubt, I ask myself “What would Dad do?”.
- Languages come easily to me and I’ve learned Chinese on a bet, Turkish for a guy, Russian to fight the Cold War (I’m dating myself here), French because no one had ever studied two languages at my high school before and Italian to survive family gatherings (in Italy).
- I’ve never eaten a pickle (the smell turns me off) and get sick when in the vicinity of tuna fish.
- A PETA poster of chickens in the D.C. Metro sytem is what turned me into a vegetarian.
- One of my goals is to run, and finish, the Boston Marathon.
- Over the course of 5 years, I had 7 jobs (and turned down 3 others), but only applied for 2 — the rest were offered to me as a result of my ability to get things done, no matter what.
© Copyright 2009 Sandra P. Martini