In this world where we’re all so disconnected from each other, it’s easy to blame technology. But at the same time, technology can bring us together.
If you’re a solopreneur working from your home office you understand exactly what I mean. If you’re like me, there are probably people you’ve collaborated with and worked with and yet never met.
One of my biggest values in my business is community. We need community to help us grow and to make us feel like we’re not all alone in this world of entrepreneurship. We need to feel connected to something bigger than ourselves. We need others who we can relate to and who support us in our journey.
As a business owner, creating your own community brings huge rewards. When you provide people with the ability to connect with you and with others who share a common interest or goal, you’re building tremendous value which enhances the know, like and trust factor. When people connect to a community, they are also connecting at a deeper level to you. And when you create an online community, you have a great opportunity to learn more about your target market. It’s like your own little market research laboratory!
How do you create a community of your own? You can do it in many different ways. Some are paid communities, and others are free. What you build depends on your goals. Here are a few ideas to get you going:
- You can use your blog to build a sense of community among your readers. Ask them to leave comments at the end of blog posts, or better yet, ask a question for them to answer that is directly related to your blog post. Also, be sure to include your social media links on your site so people can connect with you there and take the relationship to the next level. You can also create community on your Facebook Page, much like you would on your blog.
- Create a free Facebook group or LinkedIn group for like-minded members. Set the rules and boundaries of the community. For instance, you might pick one day of the week where members can promote themselves and all other days are promotion free. Encourage participation by sharing valuable information, asking questions, and connecting members.
- Hold a free Community Call where participants can get your help, and also connect with one another. An easy way to do this is to have them register for the call and dial in to a conference line, but they can post their questions and comments on your Facebook Page during the call. It creates great interaction and community!
- Create a paid Membership program where people can get training, community, coaching and support.
My program, TALI, is a great example of this. We have some incredible people in TALI, many of whom have been with us since the beginning!
Here are some of the things they love most about being a part of TALI:
- “Great support, advice and ideas. TALI members are so willing to help.”
- “You know what you are doing and evoke my trust.”
- “One of the best things about TALI is the encouragement I get from each member. They are always just a post away with encouragement to keep on plugging or to wish congratulations on a success”
- “It is very apparent that you care about our success and that is very encouraging, I also like the coaching calls and the fact that when you put a question out for discussion people respond”
- “The monthly trainings that you give are very helpful.”
- “Cindy and the TALI members are always there to answer my questions and give me valuable feedback and support on everything”
- “I love being part of this amazing group. Not only does Cindy guide us in her unique and caring manner, providing great tips, but it is a community of like-minded, motivated & committed people who willingly share their knowledge and experience”
- “The thing I love most about TALI: concrete, real-life ideas and examples that you can understand and implement right away. No wishy-washy answers from Cindy, you always get a clear and insightful answer“
We’re celebrating TALI’s 2 year anniversary this month! To celebrate, we’re gifting you with 2 free TALI trainings to help you build your business. One is about email marketing and one is about designing your marketing funnel.
Get your free gifts here. After you sign up, you’ll learn how you can get 2 free months in TALI so be sure to check it out!
© Copyright 2014 Cindy Schulson