Internet Marketing is much like a big old buffet, but instead of being filled with all sorts of tasty delights, it is filled with another form of tasty delights in the form of so many different and exciting ideas, opportunities and prospects. There are so many markets to explore, a bunch of traffic techniques to try — some better than others — so many products to sell… Sigh!
Problem is, if you’ve ever tried to eat everything available at a real buffet, you know that all that does is end up making you feel bloated, sick and full of regret that you didn’t practice a little restraint.
The exact same thing happens when you try to consume the full Internet buffet.
You get bloated: If you try to do everything you end up with too much to do and a complete lack of focus. One human can only do so much.
You get sick: When you overload yourself and compromise your focus, you make your business sick and keep it from truly growing.
You feel regret: You have so much on your plate, yet you feel compelled to take it all on. It seems like there is no way out and you have to keep plugging on for minimal profits.
I don’t know what it is about many of us online entrepreneurs, but we seem to feel like we HAVE to keep going with everything we’ve started. Maybe it’s the way we were raised…I’m not sure. Or maybe we hang on out of fear that we might be giving up something that will be very profitable in the future. And to make it all worse, there are so many yummy things — or things that simply come in yummy-looking packaging — to try on the Internet that it’s so easy to bite off more than we can chew.
But this is business and you have to make some tough decisions. And sometimes giving up and clearing your plate is the right thing to do.
If any (or all) of these apply to you:
- Your domain account is expanding at the seams with unused domains you thought were great ideas at the time you got them…
- You have quite a few websites with very little traffic and even less and less attention from you…
- Your email inbox is overflowing daily with more business information, more offers and a million other distractions…
- You’re trying to make money in a number of different markets and are struggling to make any or all of them work…
- You’re easy distracted by the “shiny objects” out there and when the latest and greatest software or how-to course hits the digital world, you feel compelled to buy it.
- You’re trying to do everything in your business from answering emails, developing products, doing research, programming, adding content, doing the bookkeeping…I mean everything.
… then it’s definitely time for some focus and serious plate cleaning.
In this guide, I’m going to take you through a multi-step plan to help you regain focus around your business and to increase your profits.Learn More/Buy
© Copyright 2011 Marty Marsh